Monday, December 21, 2009

fun in the interim

I'm waiting for letters to arrive at my house from my primary care physician, orthodontist, and oral surgeon. When I receive all of them I will FedEx it to my ins. co. and wait for a response.

I felt anger initially when I was denied coverage. It was the kind that comes from an injustice taking place. The thoughts I had were "It's just wrong!" and "It's not fair!" Then I felt bummed out and mopey. I was discouraged. A few friends invited me over the day before I was supposed to have surgery after they found out it was postponed and cheered me up. I now feel at peace about waiting for the surgery to happen and I'm learning patience in the process.

I started drinking some of the liquids I bought in preparation for surgery, including Ensure. One of my coworkers saw me drinking it for breakfast and offered to bring in a case for me that she has at home. Woo-hoo! I'm taking it as an encouraging sign that having the surgery is only a matter of time.

I blended mashed potatoes and gravy in a blender to practice drinking it and 2 of my roommates thought it was a milkshake. When I told them what it was, they put some in a chalice and brought it to our other roommate and told her it was a milkshake and she almost drank it! It was funny. She sounded so excited when we first brought it to her that I made eggnog frosties later.

I'm actually enjoying the fact that surgery will be later because I was able to participate in many holiday-related activities I would have otherwise missed. One upcoming event I'm excited for is seeing the Transiberian Orchestra for the first time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment